Currently viewing the category: "Right To Work"
- Nurse Files Federal Charges after Union Officials Harass Employees at Petition TableWith free legal aid from National Right to Work Foundation staff attorneys, a hospital worker has filed federal charges against a local union after officials harassed her and other employees as they attempted to gain signatures for a petition to remove the union.
- Supreme Court Asked to Hear Case Seeking Return of Union Fees Seized in Scheme Invalidated in High Court’s 2014 Harris DecisionToday staff attorneys from the National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation filed the final brief in Riffey v. Rauner asking the United States Supreme Court to grant certiorari and hear the case. The home care providers for whom the case was brought had over $32 million in fees seized by union officials in a […]
- Workers Ask NLRB to Overturn Obama-Era Actions Blocking Secret Ballot Votes to Challenge Card Check UnionizationTrump Labor Board urged to reconsider Lamons Gasket precedent that prevents workers from decertifying a union installed through a card check drive Washington, D.C. (May 18, 2018) – Today, National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation staff attorneys filed an appeal to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) in Washington seeking to overturn an Obama […]
- Nurse Files Federal Charges after Union Officials Harass Employees at Petition Table
- U.S. DOL Civil LMRDA Enforcement ActionsOn April 9, 2018, in the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington at Seattle, the Department filed suit against the International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE), Local 286, located in Auburn, Wash. The lawsuit seeks to nullify the union’s August 9, 2017 election of union officers for the offices of president, […]
- U.S. DOL Criminal LMRDA Enforcement Actions2018 USDOL Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS) On April 25, 2018, in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, Steven Minella, former President/Business Agent of International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE) Local 324 (located in Bloomfield Hills, Mich.), received a suspended sentence and was ordered to pay restitution in the amount […]
- Right to Work States Benefit From Faster Growth, Higher Real Purchasing PowerRight to Work States Benefit From Faster Growth, Higher Real Purchasing Power — Spring 2018 Update Percentage Growth in Total Private Sector, Non-Farm Employment (2006-2016) Right To Work States 14.0% Forced-Unionism States 10.7% Source: Dept.of Commerce (DOC), Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) Percentage Growth in the Number of People Employed (2007-2017) Right To Work […]
- U.S. DOL Civil LMRDA Enforcement Actions
© 2015 Delaware Right to Work Committee